Are you dreaming by Daniel Love – Brief Remarks
Posted by Raul Barral Tamayo en Jueves, 8 de enero, 2015
Astonishingly, there is around a 1 in 10 chance that you are dreaming at any given moment … including right now!
Every night, you adventure inwards to a universe madre from the very fabric of your being: your dreams. Dreaming accounts for around 11% of your dreaming. What if you ‘wake up’ to this mysterious world, to learn to consciously explore the inner depths of your mind? Such an experience is indeed posible. It is called ‘Lucid Dreaming’.
Isn’t it time you wake up to your dreams?
Lucid dreaming is a scientifically verified and learnable skill by which you become aware that you are dreaming, whilst dreaming. Such knowledge imbues you with an almost unlimited control over your dreaming adventures. The power of lucid dreaming will also greatly enhance your waking life, opening new avenues of creativity, confidence, self-improvement, problem-solving, philosophical exploration and so much more. A universe of opportunity awaits you.
Master the art of lucid dreaming.
In this deeply comprehensive and modern guide to lucid dreaming, expert lucid dreamer and oneirologist. Daniel Love, will aid you on your unique journey through the fascinating exploration of your mind. This book brings the subject of conscious dreaming fully up to date, including the latest discoveries, research, techniques and much more. It is the perfect guide to help you unlock the hidden potential of your dreams, catering for both beginners and advaned lucid dreamers alike.
Are You Dreaming? is a no-nonsense approach to this enthralling phenomenon and is simply one of the most thorough, accesiblñe and in-depth contemporary guides to exploring and mastering lucid dreaming.
Comments extracted from the book, they could be right or wrong, you decide for yourself:
- Whilst dreaming is a form of consciousness, on the whole it is generally not accompanied by a high level of critical thinking or awareness.
- Unless you have already experienced a lucid dream, it is very difficult to convey the sheer wonder and variety of experiences you may encounter.
- Your dreams are formed from the essence of who you are, your life experiences, your hopes and fears; all those very private things that make you unique and individual.
- Lucid dreaming is a vast and deep arena, and there is room for many opinions and many paths.
- REM in adult humans typically occupies 20-25% of total sleep, being about 90-120 minutes of an average night’s sleep. Being the stage of sleep in which the vast majority of dreaming occurs.
- Perhaps the most devious of all the nightly illusions in the false awakening. Be prepared for them, and always remember to question if you are still dreaming upon awakening.
- If you put effort into mastering the basics, you shall be much more effective when you move into deeper waters.
- Dream recall.
- The dream journal.
- Reality testing.
- Morphing text test.
- Digital watch test.
- The nose pinch test.
- Dream incubation.
- Expectation, or belief, is the key to controlling your dreams.
- No two dreamers ever approach lucidity in quite the same way.
- Some of the uses and experiences of lucid dreaming:
- Sexual encounters.
- Exploring your senses.
- Rewriting history and missed oportunities.
- Exploring the dream world.
- Fiction embodied.
- Wisful fulfilment.
- Overcoming nightmares.
- Solving problems.
- Accessing your memories.
- Expanding your hobbies.
- Living the future you.
- Exploring creativity.
- Of all the many events one can experience in a lucid dream, few are nearly quite as fascinating, nor pose as many philosophical questions, as t hat of meeting the inhabitants of dreamland.
- Henry Havelock Ellis: “Dreams are real while they last. Can we say more of life?”.
- Perhaps the most rarely discussed element of lucid dreaming is the efffect it has on the waking lives of its practitioners.
- If we reming ourselves that the characters in dreams are aspects of our own minds, then we are likely to treat them with the respect they deserve.